Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What skin care products are excellent for very dry, scratchy skin?

I have tried a host of lotions, bath soaps, and creams but have yet to find anything that really works for me. I find that in the winter (of course) my skin is very dry and becomes itchy - what can I do to help alleviate this? Is there a product I should be using or a regimen I could follow that might help?





Thanks for your advice!What skin care products are excellent for very dry, scratchy skin?
For face Roc is really good, its made for people with excema or psoriasis, so cleanser, toner and face cream each morning or night, You may also want to get an emoillent face scrub to use a few times a week


-also get a humidifer in your bedroom-not sure if you live in a cold climate like I do but that really helps bc the furnace drys your skin out like crazy and then going in the cold weather doesnt help


-for body, I like dove cream to oil body wash and using a glove exfoliater helps get rid of the dead skin so the lotions can do their job, i find that putting Baby Oil Gel or just baby oil on while im almost finshed my shower works and/or then a body cream with lactic acid in it


-change the detergent that you use to wash your clothes to something really gentle like Ivory, Tide is the worst especially for bath towels, bc there is still traces of it on the towel and when you dry yourself off after a shower your body heat almost reactivates it and it leaves a film on your skinWhat skin care products are excellent for very dry, scratchy skin?
Aveeno products are the best for eveything, except acne.
Sanex body wash is brilliant.
I have eczema and I use:


-Hydrocortisone (0.5%) which is prescription, for my face.


-Betamethasone valerate cream which is prescription too, for body (it's stronger).


-Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula for everyday use (you can get it anywhere)


-Dermol 200 Shower Emollient.





IMO, these are the best.


Hope I've helped you (:
i use aveeno..it works real well

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites