Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Are most skin care products safe during pregnancy?

Hi, I am currently 10 weeks in pregnancy. I did not change the skin care products that I usually used as before. Recently, I start to concern whether these skin care products are healthy for my baby. But my friend told me since we only use small amount moisturize cream on my face, it should be safe? Can anyone tell me whether this is true. Thanks!Are most skin care products safe during pregnancy?
The products to avoid during pregnancy are Retinol (vitamin A cream used to fight acne) and some other topical ointments. Most are prescription only. I would say an over the counter, unmedicated moisturizer (such as Avon or Ponds or Oil of Olay or whatever) would be just as safe as body lotion, which is safe.Are most skin care products safe during pregnancy?
I agree with you. I use the oil of Olay skin renewal cleanser, it does have a little salicylic acid in it. But my ob said it was fine, since it was an actual cleanser that is washed off. ANd my dermotogist advised me to use stridex for sensitive skin with aloe when i was prego with my son 3 years ag Report Abuse

You'll be fine. I haven't changed since I got pregnant. You may find your skin changes, though with the pregnancy. My skin got SOOO much oilier so I wound up using the face pads twice a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites